View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #33 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCuomo View Post
It was multiple owners, and they were criticizing me for not buying American.

Things like "Why didn't you buy a Corvette or Camaro instead?", "The Japanese people thank you for your support", "You're un-American.", "People like you are responsible for the American auto industry going broke.", ... You get the idea.

I thought the "Why didn't you buy a Camaro?" one was funny, since I'm pretty sure that the new Camaro was designed in Australia and is being built in Canada.

Even more interesting is that all of my previous cars, except for 1, were American (I even owned an American Motors Rambler back in the day)! I bought a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am during the first time that GM was trying to convince people that they made cars just as good as the Japanese - man, what a piece of crap that Trans Am was!

I was turned away from a number of "Any make and model" car shows when I showed up with my previous 350Z.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote