View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #381 (permalink)
HustlerX5
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z MB M6
HustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond reputeHustlerX5 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCLXXZ View Post
I have a question -

Since the HFC may lead to slight rasp have you ever considered utilizing the hfc and the resonator on the same pipe? Your pictures made me think of it as the hfc would match up perfectly with the resonator seen below it...

Although I am not sure how this would affect flow...

Nick
Nick,

I am happy to inform you that there would be no need for that resonator as the TDX system paired up with the high flow cats has NO RASP what so ever, I'm the owner of the car they are using to prototype the TDX system and I finally got to hear the finished product with high flow cats yesterday and man, all I have to say as far as sound/performance goes is..... "99 problems but Berk ain't 1" hahahahaha! I'M ONLY TEASING, so please don't start a flamewar. but anyway with the High Flows installed it's almost the exact same beautiful tone as just the TDX alone just with a little added "Ooomph" meaning slightly louder, yet somehow strangely maintains the "no drone" rolling around the city at 40MPH on 6th gear, at least as per MY test drive of the Z.

Also for all my fellow forum members, I have the Stillen Gen 3's off the car right now, but look forward to a dyno with the full catback/w high flows/ w intakes installed coming up real soon. And hopefully in a week or two a video with the carbon fiber mufflers as well.