View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:33 AM   #23 (permalink)
TBSS2008
Base Member

Drives: 11 Corvette GS 6spd
TBSS2008 will become famous soon enough

I have only seen 2 370z and a lot of 2010 Camaro’s both the SS and the V6. I guess Texan's like their muscle cars, because I have also seen a few 2010 Mustangs and a lot of new Challengers.

It shows how rare a 370z is around here, when I take my 370z out I get a lot of looks from people in other vehicles probably because it’s the first time they have seen it on the road.

As far as the transmission failures go I really hope GM gets this fixed. But I have a 2008 Trail Blazer SS (Stock: 390hp LS2 Engine 4.10 4spd) that is notorious for transmission failures as well. I have 35,500 on it so far with no troubles; this would be considered a good transmission because it has made 35,500 (Yes it’s Sad, but true). Some owners on the TrailBlazerSS Forum have fried their transmission with only 6000 miles it really is a hit or miss. I believe this is happening because of the BIG engines they’re stuffing into a vehicle that weigh almost 5000lbs, something is bound to pop!

On the other hand the 370z’s 7AT is awesome quick snapping shifts in manual mode and nice smooth shifts in (D). Nissan has built the car to handle much more horse power (Its Solid). It seems GM built the TBSS and with this news above the Camaro SS to barely handle the stock power delivered. Now the LS2 and LS3 engines are great, they just need to make sure the transmissions can handle the power and weight.
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote