View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
NXTAZEE
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 7AT
NXTAZEE will become famous soon enough

If you are already using opti-seal, then you will have no trouble with opti-coat because the application is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kree View Post
From what you are saying, I guess it might be worth it since our paint marrs so easily.

If I remember correctly what I read on autopia awhile back, opticoat does get pretty hard, but I saw pics where people still swirled it like any paint after some time. I had thought "what would be the point with the prospect of potentially applying it wrong and leaving streaks that would need to be buffed out..." But if it actually makes washing the Z without marring it easier, it might be worth it.

Currently I use Optimum Opti-seal and just bought some Collinite 845 to try. I was thinking of using Blackfire Wet Diamond next year after I polish, but if I am brave enough I might use opti-coat2. Please keep us updated as to how your new opti-coating resists swirls over time.
2010 Carbon Silver 370Z 7AT charcoal int. sports package | Clear Bra | Invidia Gemini CBE | CF B-Pillars | CF Fangs | CF Z emblems | Swift Springs | 20mm & 25mm Spacers | SPC Camber Arms | Brushed Aluminum shift knob
NXTAZEE is offline   Reply With Quote