View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #74 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

One thing to keep in mind is that the slip joints are designed to crush down on the inner pipe. The benefit to that is that it acts as a secondary lock. When the outer pipe crushes down onto the inner pipe it maintains that position and is very difficult to re-form, hence the reason why some people who had the first product run of exhaust systems had difficulty even when jacking up the exhaust when they tried to re-install the system to correct the "sagging issue." This is also the reason why we recommend supporting the exhaust system with a jack so that when the outer pipe does crush down it is in the desired location.

It could be that the problems are from the original installation with the JIC Y-pipe and our rear section. Perhaps they won't work together? Perhaps they spacing is a bit different? I don't know, there are a lot of possibilities.

Please send me an email with photos of the problems that you are experiencing. I am especially interested in understanding why you needed to stack a bunch of washer to install this. No one else has ever needed to do that so that is something I am very curious about.

If you purchased this system any time within the past couple of months than I assure you, you most definitely have the new production version which no one else has had issues with during the installation process. All of the running production changes that were made have completely eliminated any issues that were found from the first production batch.

Shoot me an email with some photos if you can please. I will take a look at them immediately and we'll see what we can do to get you squeak free and enjoying the exhaust!
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote