View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 09:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
crystalline
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z
crystalline is on a distinguished road
Default My car needs a new clutch?! 9500 miles!!!???

Background information. I am the second owner of this car, a 2009 Nismo 370z. I bought the car 3/8/2011 with 6700 miles on it. It was originally purchased on 5/07/2010. The dealer I bought the car from purchased it at auction. The slave cylinder failed on 4/29/11 I believe (date on the invoice is the day they finally got the part in and replaced it.) I have babied the car 100% since I bought it and have barely pushed it hard AT ALL. I wanted to save it until 10k miles (oh the irony) before I pushed the engine hard. My cars for the last 6 years have all been manual transmission.

Now on tuesday I was driving home from work and stopped a stop light. When the light turned green my car skidded a little bit more than usual and what I expected (it was raining but it wasn't that wet) when giving it the gas and when I went to shift to second the pedal dropped all the way to the floor and stayed down. It felt like the clutch was still partially engaged and the car was coasting along for ~10 seconds then the pedal popped back up. Thought the CSC had failed again and and I drove the car in 3rd all the way back to my house.

I checked the fluid when I got home and found them fine and no murkiness in the water. I did notice the horrible smell of a burnt clutch. The next morning I checked again and nothing had changed with the fluids. However the car now slips when you put it into 1st or reverse when you start moving. I brought the car to the stealership and of course the entire clutch needs to be replaced! (they said the same thing the last time with the CSC failure) They said the clutch plate was worn and possibly the flywheel and it would be 4353598983598 dollars to fix it because its not covered under warranty. I said no thank you, took my car and left.

Now I am looking for your guys help as to what I can do here because this is totally messed up. I suppose its possible the person before me beat the snot out of the clutch but enough for it to be burnt out after 9500 miles? I read in another post that the clutch is covered by nissan until 12k miles? I am going to speak with the GM of place I purchased the car from on saturday but I doubt they will pay for a new clutch. Those ******** put nismo 350z mats in my car and wouldn't even buy the correct 370z ones for me. Of course I could purchase an aftermarket clutch and pay for it to be installed, but i mean I just paid $32,500 for the car, which the dealer said was "just as good as a new one" so I really don't want to do that...

Any ideas would be really appreciated.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote