View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 08:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
tonmed123
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Red M6
tonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:Another strange thing that happened was. when i was on the hills the car was at 20mph in second gear and once i hit a 70 degree uphill it felt like it was gonna go backwards because it didnt have power to pull the car. unless i floored it and had it above 4.5-55 rpm, but even then it wouldnt handle it. so after the first failure i quickly revved the car and dropped it in first gear. But still i couldnt drive slow. i had to keep it above 4k rpm so the car didnt roll back or give me the traction control light. is this normal?

This srtange thing happened to me when I was at a clear bra instalation place. The parking lot has a down slope. I parked nose in. So the nose was lower than the tail. There was a guard rail and I was afraid to hit it when I went to put it into reverse. So as soon as I did I gave it a lot of gas. I got out fine. A few blocks away in 3rd, it started pulling after I tried to down shift . I tried 3rd and 4th, like it wanted to be in higher gear and go faster than what I was. But I hit some traffic and I couldnt speed up. I tried to down shift but I just wouldnt go into 1st or 2nd with out pulling and making a ugly noise. I made it to a parking lot and turned the car off. Started it and never had that problem again. I freaked out too. I thought the tranny has malfunctioning.
tonmed123 is offline   Reply With Quote