View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 06:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Old Chuck
Base Member

Drives: 05 Tundra& 02 Subaru
Old Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default LiquidZ

I think the purolator PureOne is a very good filter. I used the filter for years before I switched to the Mobil 1. Not sure there is any real difference but thought the Mobil one was made tad better. Some think the PureOne filters down too low and can build up too much pressure and thus can trigger the bypass valve. Most of the filter tests found it to be a very good filter. Will not name the filters that did not do well as that can start a war but I do not think you can go wrong with the PureOne. If I remember correctly there may be some concern also with the way the bypass valve is placed in the filter but most believed it was not a valid concern unles you use it in very cold conditons and then it may be prone to moisture freezing in it. I don't remember this ever happening to anyone but just a design concern which may never come to reality in real life conditions. As I said, I have used the filter for many years and only changed to Mobil1 in the past several years when I could not get the Amsoil filters for one of my cars. I would rate the PureOne filter in the top three made.
Old Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote