View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexB View Post
I've just put the first thousand miles on my 2011. For what its worth, here are some observations:

1. Yes it's loud. It's a sports car. I don't understand why this seems to be such a hot button topic on this forum. I presume everyone who bought one test drove it first.

2. My mpg average over 1000 miles is about 20.5. That seems pretty good for the type of car it is. No complaints in that department.

3. Getting in and out is a bit of a joke, although I'm getting the hang of it. A grab bar on the pillar would have been a good idea. I feel myself rubbing on the shoulder of the seat when I get in and out. I'm concerned that I'll rub a wear spot. Has this happend to others?

4. I really like the cloth seats. They hold well. I guess that's why you don't see leather seats in many race cars.

5. I find this forum to be helpful and entertaining. Because I'm a cranky old guy, though, I'd block any post that even smacks of street racing. It's illegal and people die. I'm thinking some of the younger posters I've read could use some guidence in that area from the gray beards.

And so it goes.
I'm a younger guy and lift, so I have not had issues getting out of my 'vette or the Z's I test drove, but this was a hot topic on the 'vette forum a while back and it might help with your Z.

When getting out, swing your legs out first, turning in the seat, and then use your palm on the door-sill to push and get up/out.

*I have had cloth and leather. I like leather with inserts best of all. Really though, all leather in cars is is vinyl faced, except for a few Porsches, I believe. Leather just looks nice. Cloth performs better.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote