View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
RexB
Base Member

Drives: like a Boss
RexB is on a distinguished road
Default A thousand miles in....

I've just put the first thousand miles on my 2011. For what its worth, here are some observations:

1. Yes it's loud. It's a sports car. I don't understand why this seems to be such a hot button topic on this forum. I presume everyone who bought one test drove it first.

2. My mpg average over 1000 miles is about 20.5. That seems pretty good for the type of car it is. No complaints in that department.

3. Getting in and out is a bit of a joke, although I'm getting the hang of it. A grab bar on the pillar would have been a good idea. I feel myself rubbing on the shoulder of the seat when I get in and out. I'm concerned that I'll rub a wear spot. Has this happend to others?

4. I really like the cloth seats. They hold well. I guess that's why you don't see leather seats in many race cars.

5. I find this forum to be helpful and entertaining. Because I'm a cranky old guy, though, I'd block any post that even smacks of street racing. It's illegal and people die. I'm thinking some of the younger posters I've read could use some guidence in that area from the gray beards.

And so it goes.
RexB is offline   Reply With Quote