View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #5239 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
Chris, the car was very streetable at ZDayz. Coolant temps were normal, oil temps never went over 240 pushing it hard through the dragon. At cruising, oil temps were at 205. The car is only tuned at 4.7psi and made 430whp and full boost came on at 4300rpms...

Yes, this would have been MUCH less of a headache had I just gone with a GTM kit...but I wanted a single. I didnt expect this many headaches though. I already bit more than I could chew by going through with this build. Now all these headaches are quickly making the "fun" of modding totally regrettable. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get home. I keep thinking I'm so close to completing this setup, but more and more **** keeps happening. I don't want to think it's finally done...only for a week later for another problem to arise. I'd like to think I'm so close to having this setup finished...but I'm thinking about putting the car back to stock. This has totally killed my enjoyment of the car.
Hey man, I just dont want you to ever think I'm criticizing your kit. I think it's awesome what you're doing and I really want it to come out perfect like you want cause this is certainly a good happy medium for the F.I. community that can't afford TT (like me )

Yeah it sucks having so many problems and frustrations, but that comes with the territory of being the first. I know it seems like its just problem after problem, but as you keep working forward and working through them. They will get resolved and eventually (finally) you'll be done. It's not so much the destination, but you have to enjoy the journey. Don't lose faith of your determination and don't let go of your goal.

I look forward to seeing dyno/driving vids and pics of the whole thing. I would be really interested to see the completed engine bay piping once its all done.

Has heat soak from the exhaust routing caused any IAT problems??

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14