Thread: P90x
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:03 PM   #18 (permalink)
Pitz
Base Member

Drives: 11 nissan 370z white
Pitz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjaden View Post
This might be true but it depends on your goals. If you want to get huge and bulk up just eat tons of food, lift very heavy weights 3-4 times a week and use some steroids. It's a pretty simple formula.

Your cardio will also suck, your athleticism will be crappy, and your strength will not be functional. I am not ripping on you, because to be honest you look very muscular and in good shape, but most of the big guys at the gym who do their best to get huge and are always panting and out of breath after every set in the gym.

I compete in MMA and I used to weight train bodybuilding style. Bodybuilding it's 'pretty boy' muscle, which means it looks nice but is useless when competing in a lot of sports. I can't tell you how many guys who have tons of muscle on me, I can submit in under a minute because they gass out so fast.

P90x not that unsimilar to how many MMA athletes train with short explosive circuits and active recovery between sets. It is the BEST way to increase overall health, but you are right, it will never make you get huge and muscular, which I don't think it the goal.

You can expect THIS type of physique from a P90X/MMA routine, which I think is much more functional, much faster, and much more practical.
everything you say is true, bodybuilding is mostly looks, you look though but the reality is that you are just to heavy to do anything. I guess it all depends on what your goal is, p90x will get you looking like you, if your diet is good.
Pitz is offline   Reply With Quote