View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
Yesterday around noon, I had a beautiful troubled 24 year old girl call and tell me she wanted to kill herself over next to nothing*. I told her to calm down and I would leave work and come get her. Although she repeated herself for hours we drove all over the place, on a beautiful day. At the beach, Police presence was so high, I've never seen anything like it. Turns out a 15 year old went missing, I hope she is found safe.

In the 100 miles and half a tank of gas burned, we had so much fun. Driving with pretty girls is always fun. She asked me several driving questions, i.e. why do you downshift before the turn as opposed to mid turn.

By 10 PM she was much better off and suicide was off the table. She took off (high RPM) in her G35 using her paddle shifters for the first time. That car sounds nice.

No, I never laid a finger on her.

* I thought it sounded like high school idiocy. Are you sure you aren't 16?
Thank you for sharing this. You are obviously a good person to do something like this. It is not easy truly "being there" for someone at just the right time. It is by God's grace (or something like that) that we are even able to muddle through this existence of ours -- or so it seems sometimes.

Right at the point of seeming no return, someone such as yourself does what's right and reaches out. You pulled her from the brink and for that I salute you.