View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1adesofcha0s View Post

I just thought it was funny that people were telling me there is no way I could beat a 350Z with my 370Z. I understand that it's a drivers race, but telling me it's impossible is just ridiculous.
Maybe if you miss every gear you try to hit. After racing a few 350Z's, some FI, some full bolt-on, some stock, I concluded that short of an act of God, they are just slow and nothing can be done about it without spending major money (i.e. TT or something).

Only one of them beat me, and I never figured out what he had, because he claimed bolt-ons (although I smashed full bolt-on Z's before), and the local Nissan dealership tech's said "oh, that car, yeah, it's FI", he comes in here all the time." Anyway, he edged me out by about a car and a half from a 2nd gear punch to the middle of 4th. I think the dealership was being more forthcoming than he and his tell-tale pillar-gauges were, personally.

The other Z I ran was a confirmed single-turbo setup and it seemed about equal to my stock F-body just playing around, never got a clean hit. He says he wasn't getting on it, but the screaming engine and flames that shot out the tail-pipe on his 3-4 shift say otherwise. He never managed to pull away from me playing follow the leader like that, though.

The 370Z I drove reminded me very much of my F-body in the power department once you got past 4K rpm.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 05-24-2011 at 08:50 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote