Thread: Venaci Wheels?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #136 (permalink)
Baer383
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: My foot up your azz
Baer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond reputeBaer383 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
Are people on long waits ordering custom rims, i.e. custom widths and offsets that aren't typical for our cars? I'm just curious if there is a manufacturing reason for this.

Consider that Volks, etc. are 3 month to 4 month waits if you order. Keep in mind, though, that you're ordering a wheel of which they make a big set of - I don't think you custom offset a Volk rim very often, if you do you paid up the arse to do it. The most you can do is custom coloring, and that's easy, it's the forging that's hard.

But to manufacture a one-off custom wheel offset, the cost is really, really high. I wouldn't be surprised if the manufacturer waited a while to see if anybody else made a similar request so they can reduce manufacturing costs a bit. Of course, information like this should be known up front, so the buyer knows exactly what they're getting into.

Not to defend the constant ETA updates and what not, and one year plus is getting excessive, but I'm saying that you still have to consider the engineering costs and time required to build a true 'custom' wheel. It's not as easy as flipping a switch in the machine.

Anyway, hopefully everybody arrives at a...er...peaceful solution that works for all parties involved.
You are right
But when you order wheels and are told you will have them in 2 months and I'm going on 7 months that has been the problem all along,

I sold my wheels b/c he said 2 months and I'll have new ones,if I was told 7 months in the beginning I wouldn't be that mad b/c I knew what I was walking into.

754 rwhp 747 rwtq