View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
DrEvil
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z,Blue, auto
DrEvil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
You can "self install" Osiris Standard. Basically you buy Standard and fill out a form with a list of your mods, and they ship you the special cable (which is what's tied to your license) and email you tuned map setup, and you download the software to a windows laptop and flash it. It will have 5 maps, and you can set some of them up for map switching to valet mode, security mode, stock tuning, etc.

You can then also datalog with Cipher and send those results back to them (up to 3 times free?) for an "e-Tune" with new maps based on the datalogs.

My experience with the canned tune they shipped me (initial one based on a filled out form, no e-Tune) was that the tune kinda sucked. It leaned out the engine and didn't make any additional power (and then lost power when I added on the M370 manifold), so I'm back to just using my stock map and valet/security modes for now.

You probably want a real dyno tune from a tuner, in which case you should talk to whoever you're going to use to tune it locally, and they'll tell you what to buy license-wise.
Thanks,you answered alot more than I asked,I'll wait untill I find a place around here to do it right.
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote