View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
armensti
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z/Tring/Spt/6MT
armensti is on a distinguished road
Default Help...The car is making a wierd noise

Today me and my friend took my z for a canyon run. Its a one way road and its very tiny with very tight turns. i never been there so i wanted to take it easy and i did. the noise started comming before we made it to the place tho. the road that we took to get there was the craziest uphill road that i have ever been on. Pretty much it has areas where the uphill is at a 50 degree angle and some that i would think are up to 70-75. The roads are very tiny and two cars cant fit on it at the same time but its not a one way road. so i missed a turned and i was stopped on a 60 degree uphill (my car facing downhill) when a large tow truck comes head on towards me. to my right there was a driveway (very tiny one) so i pulled in so that after he goes up i reverse out. so i reversed and stopped on the uphill again in the same position the car facing downhill. my friend was trying to figure out where to go and he was like reverse the car and take the right. so i used the hand brake method and when i put down the hand break and started gassing it the car started to make a funny noise. so i hit the clutch real fast and put it in neutral. i let the car roll downhill and i made a Uturn and went back. i got to the place that i was supposed to go to and did the canyon run with minor scraping of the 2 front plastic things that we have under the bumper which is ok because they scrape all the time. when i finished the run i stopped and the car was still making that noise. it only does it in neutral. when its in gear and im driving there is no noise. when im stopped and i hold the clutch in there is no noise. but once i let go i start hearing the noise again. this happen one more time 2 months ago but after i let it rest over night the noise went away. what could the noise be comming from?

Another strange thing that happened was. when i was on the hills the car was at 20mph in second gear and once i hit a 70 degree uphill it felt like it was gonna go backwards because it didnt have power to pull the car. unless i floored it and had it above 4.5-55 rpm, but even then it wouldnt handle it. so after the first failure i quickly revved the car and dropped it in first gear. But still i couldnt drive slow. i had to keep it above 4k rpm so the car didnt roll back or give me the traction control light. is this normal?

Sorry I forgot the number one rule. Search is my best friend here lol

Last edited by armensti; 07-13-2009 at 04:39 AM.
armensti is offline   Reply With Quote