View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #16 (permalink)
FastPaced
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '08 SFP IS-F
FastPaced will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowenmedia View Post
I brought my 2009 Z in for an oil change at a Nissan service center 1 week ago 5/13 and last night 5/20. After driving for about 10 minutes I heard a crazy noise when accelerating. I pulled over as soon as possible but before I got to a complete stop the car just died. When I got out I saw my oil pan spewing out oil. I took the attached picture on my cell phone which clearly shows the oil pan screw missing. I figure who ever worked on the car just hand tightened the screw and forgot about it. I had it towed and went to the service center this morning. They are now trying different things to get the car running and they are working on the timing. I feel like my precious Z which I work my *** off for is now getting picked apart by idiots. I will not be satified in any way unless I get a brand new motor. I will still sell the car without a doubt because like some people I'm very anal about my stuff and when something is in perfect condition and its gets some kind of major overhaul its just never the same. I'll always hear some noise or feel some vibration that I've never heard before. It really sucks that I have to retire one of my favorites things that I have ever had in my life. Especially because some stupid mechanic couldn't remember to tighten a single bolt.
I see you're in NY. Where did you get your oil change at? That way I can avoid going to the same service center. Thanks bro. Sorry to hear about what happened to you.
FastPaced is offline   Reply With Quote