View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #1336 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tage, I hope you are recovering well. Travis told us the story about what happened and it was extremely scary, and you were very brave to jump out of a still quickly moving vehicle. I've been following your recovery thread on the NASA forum.

I would say it is worth hanging out here even if you have a 350, some of the parts are interchangeable, and the general engine/chassis/suspension design is quite similar. There are several folks with 350's and G35/37's on this site just because the site is more active with information and far more friendly. It would be worth registering for one of the 350 sites as well to read through existing information. Some might consider it bad form to post the names of the "competing" sites so I'll just PM you that info.

And yes, Travis was the first person I know to jump head first into building the 370. He started off mild like the rest of us but quickly realized the potential and invested in the car doing a lot of his own R&D along the way.

RE: #10 - Yes the 370 has auto-locks engaged by default but this was one of the first features I turned off. They tell you how to change the setting in the owners manual, very simple. Getting out the window of the 370 might be a little more challenging than a Civic given that the opening is not as tall, it is a tight fit for my helmet and if you have HANS attached to your helmet it is going to be a very tight fit (helmet only fits sideways). Fortunately the doors are easy to open quickly. More difficult is shutting down the engine while moving, it requires a 3-second hold on the start/stop button, although someone said that if you press it 3 times quickly it will also shut down so I have to try that out.

Last edited by ChrisSlicks; 05-23-2011 at 07:33 AM.
ChrisSlicks is offline   Reply With Quote