View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

This is what I am going for. Its totally stealth and the enclosure is the right size for the driver. Yes you probably could squeeze a tight box behind the seat but you would have to move your seat way forward. Plus you wont have the air space and this sub sounds bad in too small of a box. Plus no offense but IMHO its kinda ghetto throwing boxes behind the seats of a car. I much prefere an integrated solution that optomizes the transfer function of the interior of the vehicle. What I mean by this is optimally you want the sub as far from you as possible and if you can you want it to reflect off of the glass in the rear to lengthen the bass wave. With the right tuning and tweaking you can make the sub bass sound like its in front of you. Thats what I try to achieve in any audio install I do. Trust me, location makes a huge difference in SQ! If your going for SPL, than it doesent matter.

Behind the seat gives you a nice tactile feel and will give you more SPL due to them being right there behind you but it wont give you the SQ type of sound as the latter.

Thats my 2 cents for the day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sub3.JPG (142.3 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Sub4.JPG (155.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Sub5.JPG (142.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Sub6.JPG (136.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Sub7.JPG (151.2 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Sub9.JPG (139.5 KB, 34 views)
2fast4thelaw is offline   Reply With Quote