View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Helpful and money saving tips

This might not be new, but I think it would be good to list ways we have saved time and money. I have two to start:

Free 4 wheel alignments (after the first)
Firestone (no flames!) offers lifetime alignments for $150. Whether this is a good deal or not depends on the quality of the Firestone store you visit. I'm lucky. My local guy is a M3 owner, understands Z's, and really does things right. He even HPDE's on Pacific Raceways. I went there Saturday to get my all weather tires swapped out for the stock Potenza's. He discovered slight uneven tire wear and suggested the alignment. From the printout, he was right. I was a bit out of spec. Now I can go for alignment anytime I hit a bump or get ready for a track day. It's free as long as I own the Z.

Free database for service records
Nissan (nissanusa.com) has an "owners" area. Go to the home page and you will see the link at the very top of the page. Once you register your Z, you can access "service records". Unfortunately, unlike Toyota who has a similar service, you can't see dealer entries, but you can put your own in. It's a simple, free way to maintain maintenance records. It's easy to print out and keep a copy in the car.

Please add your tips.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote