View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 AM   #39 (permalink)
Hambone1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 7AT Sport
Hambone1 has a spectacular aura aboutHambone1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady View Post
I will do all of that once the adjuster gets here, but like I said I was either completely still or moving ever so slightly forward by letting the clutch out slowly. I really cant remember if I was moving forward much or not, but I think my car nudged forward just a mm or 2 when he hit me. I also have pictures that I got developed today along with notes and a few written statements that I want to remember to tell the adjuster. I dont think this attorney will have as much substance and/or any pictures, but you never know.
After having to deal with a shady douche in a clear fault accident, couple of things you need to keep in mind. One, write down every key point of your side of the story. Adjusters and claims people WILL try to get you to second guess or alter your story down the road, simply to minimize payments. Secondly, don't say I think, or I guess, make every statement a declaration of fact. It is much harder for them to make wiggle room in a firm statement. Also, one thing a lot of people don't bother to recall is time, place, conditions (sunlight, rain, extenuating circumstances, etc). Laying down that you are confident on the basics, and also aware of your surroundings only strengthens your case.

Just for reference, this information comes from my experience being rear ended while stopped at a light by a guy who was texting and didn't look up. He tried to claim my brake lights weren't working, proven false, then claimed that I was rolling out, which was also proven false. Even when they determined that it was 100/0 for fault, the adjuster still tried to trip me up on my story to be able to justify lowballing me on the settlement
Hambone1 is offline   Reply With Quote