View Single Post
Old 05-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #1774 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
You need to dyno it always in 5th gear! That is your 1:1 gear ratio. This will yield the most accurate numbers.

Now once you put about 100-200 miles on the car you will notice the ECU has adapted. The throttle response and pull throughout the entire RPM range will feel like a completely different animal.

You should never get a CEL. The only way you would is if you had an exhaust leak coming from where the header meets the engine, or a fouled out O2 sensor!

Enjoy it all and do not hesitate to call me directly with any questions that you may have. Again, thank you for your business, it is greatly appreicated...

Tony
I didn't realize that. I have always done 3rd or 4th. I'm not sure how comfortable my dyno guy will be with 5th gear. But I will ask him when I got back for a tune.