View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 01:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: GP Z Base+Sport (6m)
355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbs View Post
Yes, the license plate stays with the car, unless you choose to buy a 'private plate', which has to be registered with the DVLA (Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency).

You can buy private plates direct from the DVLA (it's fun to go to their website and see how many rude/disgusting ones you can create and get approved). In case you're interested, here's the link - CLICK HERE

...or you can buy one of many existing private plates from one of many dealers - things like "GB 1" would sell for THOUSANDS of pounds. Personally I think they are a rip off. Here's another link - CLICK HERE

The car in the showroom is their demonstrator - possibly they have 'pre-registered' it and I suppose they will sell it 'cheaper' in a few months time, because it already has one owner.

Edit - The last dealer I bought from managed to get me a plate with a Z in it - nice dealer
There is only 1 plate needed these days and that's " CLARETS "

But here in Texas you only get 6 letters so it'll be " BRNLEY "

Chuffed to hear you enjoyed the wake. Now for a second wind, let us now how that test drive comes along.

By the way the car has an elevated and somewhat longer than normal nose when driving, it will take some getting use to .... when your down the country roads.

Have fun.......

C'MON YOU CLARETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Burnley Football Club supporter" ENGLAND...ENGLAND...ENGLAND
355890 is offline   Reply With Quote