View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
F.I. Inc.
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 GT-R/2007 F-250
F.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond reputeF.I. Inc. has a reputation beyond repute

This is a common sound that has been associated dating back to the 2003 VQDE 350Z!

I have heard it more so than not. In my personal opinion it has nothing to do with the flex joints. None of our systems have ever had flex joints. There have been many speculative conclusions and my personal assessment is that it is the exhaust pulsating through the thinner wall aftermarket cats and exhaust systems. The more back pressure you relieve the louder it gets. Ex. we notice it to be more prominent with resonated test pipes than high flow cats. We hear it very little with stock cats and our cat back.

To chalk it up, it has more to do with the way the engines in these specific cars are constructed and the less to do with the type of exhaust system you put on it. Yes, thicker wall tubing will help it dissipate because less of the harmonics will make its way through so naturally you will hear less.

Lastly, out of all the production exhaust systems we manufacture this engine- VQDE, VQHR are the only cars we have ever heard it in!

I hope that this may help somewhat,

Tony
www.fastintentions.com
"FUELED BY PASSION"
F.I. Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote