View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #87 (permalink)
fritz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
fritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to behold

My servo spring was fitted a bit sideways so it may have been loading the clutch M/cyl push-rod.

End result? absolute magic and very many thanks for the idea. The pedal feels just like my Brabham.

I did this to a 365 GT in 1970 and had forgotten that great success on the much bigger problem of diaphragm clutches (then a new idea) not engaging at high RPM.

Further: most folk seem to want a gas pedal giving instant response, whereas I prefer more movement for less RPM so I can feel tyre grip in th wet or on snow....a problem for me, but not for some apparently.

That problem vanished some time ago by raising the floor with stiff foam. My foot thus contacts the hinged pedal higher up: more pedal movement for less RPM.

Thanks again,

Fritz

This trick is magic, though I removed the bottom pin first and the rest fell off, leaving a small shaft hanging.
fritz is offline   Reply With Quote