Thread: Techno music?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theextreme View Post
Hardcore > House/Dubstep/Techno combined

And no, I don't mean hardcore rap or hardcore metal.....I mean HARDCORE!! (Also known as Gabber)

Wait, Tony you like hardcore? Wow, light bulb man, I would have never guessed that.

OP, as mentioned before, there are many diff subgenres of 'Techno'. You have trance, euro dance, arena trance, tech trance, house, progressive, electro, nu disco, list goes on. I would recommend checking out this board:

TranceAddict - Electronic Dance Music Forums

Head over to the tracklists section to find live sets and podcasts available for download. People on that forum post from all across Europe, and around the world, so you'll have an opportunity to d/l music from DJs that are not as widely known as Tiesto, Armin, or PVD, which is a good thing.

Another great site to listen to streaming audio is

Digitally Imported - addictive electronic music

They have the channels broken down into individual subgenres including house, electro, and even hardcore. At first it might all sound the same, but the more you listen, the more you'll be able to differentiate between the different genres of EDM.

Lastly, podcasts are a great way to listen to the latest and greatest from some of the best producers round the world. Some of my favorite podcasts are Tiesto's Club Life, A State of Trance from Armin, and The Gareth Emery podcast. Tiesto plays a very diverse mix of trance, house and even nu disco, Armin is more true to trance music, and Gareth Emery plays a lot of progressive.

Hope this helps.
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote