Thread: Gas Pedal Delay
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 08:37 AM   #677 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Davey, these situations do not require full throttle. Let's say you're making a left turn, going across the street, or get the car moving through an intersection from the light. You get in 1st to get the car going as usual and give it the usual moderate throttle. The the car revs to 2k RPM and hangs for about 1-2 seconds before ramping up. Normally the car would simply rev up in a linear fashion. At this point you realize you have to give it slightly more gas than usual or it will bog 1st gear. It simply feels heavy, and it goes from slightly lacking power to having no power. It feels like starting out in 2nd gear. Better yet, it is a similar feeling to VDC/TCS kicking in. No difference with it disabled.

Your instinct tells you to give it more gas, right? So you'll go from 30% to 100% throttle the split second the car is hanging at 2k RPM, and it makes no difference. While holding down the pedal, the car will hang and start to rev up. It does not feel like 100% throttle. The exhaust sounds loud, but it does not scream and the car does not appear to move as fast as it sounds. Passenger would describe it as me lifting my foot and putting it back down. I'll even demonstrate with the foot down to the floor for a few seconds in 2nd to show them I'm really trying to floor it to their disbelief.

Normally the car is eager to rev, and it screams in 1st. Plus, it's easy to peel out from a roll in 1st past 3k RPM. When this power loss kicks in, there's no chance of breaking loose the tires from a roll.

There are cases where I'd like to get the car moving fast as traffic approaches, but it is scary to see it lag for a couple of seconds with the pedal to the floor. Even when it starts moving, it doesn't go crazy with the pedal to the floor. It feels like 50-60% throttle.

I've yet to hear anything from the tech at Baker Nissan.