View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #101 (permalink)
vifferman
Base Member

Drives: '04 TSX, '10 370ZR
vifferman is on a distinguished road
Default DIY Oil Change

I'm a consumate enthusiast who has learned through trial & error to do my own oil changes. The few times I allowed the dealer or another to change my oil/filter, it ended in disaster and/or considerable consternation...overfills, leaks, lots of spilled oil dripping from the frame, et al. I'm 61 years old, and would much prefer to let someone else deal with these maintenance chores, but I do it myself simply because I don't trust anyone else to do it right. That said, I'm currently driving an Acura TSX, but thinking about the 370Z (may wait for the roadster) as a second car. There is much to like about the 370Z, but the fact that one must remove the entire engine underpan just to change the oil is nearly a deal-breaker for me. On my TSX, there's a little plastic door (flap) secured by a single bolt that must be removed to access the drain plug. That's totally acceptable. Removing the entire underpan is not. It borders on the absurd, and I would think that even the dealership techs would be upset.
vifferman is offline   Reply With Quote