View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #283 (permalink)
ChipsWithDips
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 Gunmetal 370Z MT
ChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura aboutChipsWithDips has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jran76 View Post
So, I was wrong. It does look like it is split in some way, and the MAF's are specifically referred to as for "Bank 1" and "Bank 2" in the service manual. I am assuming that there is something to even out the airflow to each side, but not sure what it is.

Here are some good pics of the inside of the manifold. DIY 350zHR Intake Swap
I think you were right the first time, it's not a huge plenum where you can see straight through to the other side, but I've seen myself, shining a flashlight in one throttle body, and peeking in the other, the light is visible(indirectly) from the other side.

Also, I didn't see in your pics, but where are the bank 1 and 2 wideband O2 sensors? If you have them sharing the same pipe after the two banks merge, the ECU will not like that either. It will try to trim one bank slightly, see no difference between the O2s, trim it more, see no difference, etc. until the banks are off by up to 25% or so.

Are you tuning with UpRev? I know with that you can log the fuel trim levels for each bank to check if something like this is happening.
ChipsWithDips is offline   Reply With Quote