View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 11:34 AM   #216 (permalink)
Zaggeron
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 370ZR '13 BRZ
Zaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the roughZaggeron is a jewel in the rough

Jeff, obviously we are not communicating very well. The question is not whether two identical motors with the same displacement would be equal before and after turbo. Nobody claims that.

The point in contention is that given two motors both with the same HP and torque figures one being NA the other turbo, somehow -- magically -- the turbo'd engine is a better engine. My only claim is that is clearly not enough information.

Now there are some specific issues regarding the 2.0T which I would be willing to concede given evidence -- Can you spend under $1000 and get 30 to 50 more HP out of it? If not and if -- and these are big "ifs" I admit -- the FT weights in at 3k lbs or less (actually I probably wouldn't get it if it was much heavier than 2900lbs) and has more or less the concept HP -- around 200-210hp, then the 2.0T would be hard pressed to keep up given the 1K upgrade limit -- the FT would be faster out of the factory and the 2.0T would have to get a higher performance gain from the 1k than the FT would have to from its upgrades