View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

I remember several years ago I was in the Best Buy parking lot. I just got my Accord brand new from the dealership about 2 weeks prior. I know an Accord ain't no $100,000+ Benz S-class and all. But this guy in a red Suburban parks to my right as I'm still in my car talking on the cell. The Suburban guy opens his door full swing and dings my right side, I felt the shock literally while sitting in my Accord. He was a middleaged dude with a stache. So I step out my car, and I look at the right side of my Accord and I look over at him with a unhappy frown. He casually says something like "uhh...sorry." Then I retorted with irritation but w/o raising my voice, "nah bro, you're going to fix this, sorry ain't gonna cut it." The dude gets all mad and irritated, steps out his Suburban and looks at my Accord and his Suburban and he all of sudden starts denying his fault. The sharp edge of Suburban door i.e. the "crease" where it lines up w/ the delineation of his frame where the front driver door on his Suburban had virtually no damage, but my Accord's flat sheet metal had a conspicuous ding and it was "pushed in."

So he stubbornly denies it, we both raise our voices, some 4-letter words exchanged, some "concerned rubber neckers" stop and gawk and want to play "lawyer" or "judge." So the guy finally gives in and asks something like, "what you want me to do?" I said, "I'm gonna get an estimate, and you're going to pay for this, otherwise I'll report it to your insurance." So the this place called "Ding King" in my town charges me $120 to fix it. The dude's insurance company cuts me a check like 90 days later for it.

The point is, if you would've caught the perpetrator, it's worthwhile to put up a fight granted you can stay as civilized as possible. But most "parking lot hit & run" perpetrators will lie through their teeth denying their faults.

If the muthaf*cka would've pulled out a gun, I would've been like "uhh yeah, that ding was there before" and run LMFAO!!!
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote