View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Dizzy
Base Member

Drives: 10 HW 6MT SPT/NAV
Dizzy is on a distinguished road

My mirror cap is the same as the one pictured. It simply can't be stretched all the way.

I looked at the pics of your install, and I had a few of those bubbles under mine and they all disappeared after seeing the sun.

As for my entire install, it was not a kit. All the pieces were cut and installed from a sheet. I know, cause I watched it being done. My installer, Art, told me he didn't like kits for the very reason you stated. They don't always fit perfectly. One of the things I insisted on when choosing an installer was that it was not a kit and all pieces were custom cut and fitted. My mirrors are one piece but don't go all the way to edge, like the pic above. All fenders, rocker panels etc go perfectly to the edge and even wrap slightly under it. You cannot see edges of film anywhere because I did the entire area and wrapped it underneath. For example, I did the entire hood and had the film wrapped under the edges. Expensive - yep - but you can't see a line! It was extremely important to me that the film remain completely invisible.

I sure hope Audio Heaven hasn't gone to kits. One of the reasons I liked them so much was the fact they custom cut. I wonder if they have a new installer? Mabe Art isn't there anymore and whoever the new guy is prefers kits.