View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

You could spend double the money and get a Cayman S - this is the exact circumstance where the Cayman will outshine the Z. Or you can adjust your suspension to make the car work better in those situations. You'll have to ask one of the real racers on here but swhat I know from other racing we would adjust the rear droop for better contact on rough surfaces. The downside (and there is always a compromise in most of these situations) is that your car will not transition as quickly say in a chicane where you need to go from left to right quickly (or vice versa). I don't know what adjustments are available from stock (likely not much if any) but if you are tracking the car you are likely going to want an adjustable suspension. Toe and caster are going to affect tracking, turn in, etc but I don't think they will have much of an affect on the rough surface. The spring rate and the valving/rate of your shocks as well as the suspension travel will affect how it handles the bumps.

Other than the other blazing hints that this is a sports car the ability to feel the road and feedback as to when you are close to loosing traction is a good indication that this car is a sports car....

Maybe the question would be how to get my car to handle rough surfaces rather than is this a sports car.....