View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #273 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370ZDreamer View Post
How does Nissan handle the flow from 2 different MAF sensors to begin with? Are there 2 different airflow curves for each MAF?

I am used to tuning Ford and GM cars with a single MAF, but when you change the MAF size or location on either of those applications you just build a new airflow curve for the calibration.

Couldnt you do that with 2 maf's in 1 pipe or is it just one table even though theres 2 MAF's?
Edit: see post below.

I hate MAFs altogether. Give me MAP metering any day!

As someone else pointed out, 2 MAFs in 1 pipe wouldn't work well because they are sized to handle half the airflow and would max out. Even though you can recalibrate them, it would still be a mess.

Last edited by Nixlimited; 05-18-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Nixlimited is offline   Reply With Quote