View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #502 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
a true dyno tune is the best way to go will, several shops in the carolinas do it, not to mention Z1 if you are ever down that way. in charlotte, Cin Motorsports has been getting great numbers out of the VQ's coming through the shop recently. i may be getting them to tune my truck later this year. current list of money down the drain mods/repairs:

1) pay to install and program new TPMS (still waiting on part from japan, no rush tho)
2) clean rear axle vent and do axle vent mod (plastic tube up to behind the taillight where it can't get clogged again) and get pinion seal replaced
3) acquire intake manifold spacer and 6 nissan spark plugs, then install
4) tune the truck using uprev
5) start saving for clutch replacement and hoping it lasts long enough to allow funds in the bank instead of on credit
Down deep I know a custom tune by a professional is the best solution. I'm just trying to be cheap I guess.

Question: Since timing can't be changed, what all are they adjusting with the tune besides AFs, rev limiter, sensors, and maybe idle? I tuned the AF tables, V-tec engagement, and sensors on my S2000 (Hondata Flashpro) a number of times. I can't imagine Uprev being that much different.

If I have to take it to a tuner I will be taking it to to a local shop, AV Tuning and Development. The owner is a friend of mine. He's tuned everything from Hondas to Vipers.