View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 06:51 AM   #23 (permalink)
9Zs_Ed
Base Member

Drives: 10 Rdstr Trng Spt 6M
9Zs_Ed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by onzedge View Post
This one has a blue interior (seats, headliner, trans tunnel cover, door panels, etc.) and, except for the seats which were recovered, the interior is original.

Having a blue one at all is rare. Blue and green were the least produced.
When I bought my 240, I gave the dealer a deposit (on sticker price, no haggling back then) and went to the bottom of a first-in/first-out list. When a person reached the top of the list, when the next car came it, it was yours. Unless you didn't like the color (they told you a couple of weeks in advance). If you didn't want it, they offered it to the next person on the list and so on. You waited at the top of the list until a car came in that you did want. Color was the only "option" back then. Automatics were VERY rare and I think a special order (separate list - much shorter I would imagine). A/C was dealer-installed; "Not interested - sports cars don't have A/C"

When I reached the top of the list (took about 2 months), the first car that came in was the blue with white interior. Although I wasn't too thrilled about the care of a white interior, I took it. I didn't want to wait any longer. I was glad that I did.
9Zs_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote