View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
shesha
Base Member

Drives: 370z Silver
shesha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMSmith View Post
The 350Z was produced during the time when everyone thought they were rich due to the housing bubble, and bought more than they could afford. The 350Z was everywhere in my neighborhood, sort of like mosquitos; most of of them (and other $30k plus cars) were bought with second mortgages (helocs) and other dodgy home financing (like $20k cash back on a 40 year zero percent for 3 years arm). I rarely see new cars on the road these days, and most of the new ones are Ford F series trucks, which have always been the best selling vehicles world wide. With the economy back to normal (ish), at least closer to normal than during the bubble, you will not see many new cars on the road that are priced over $25k (like we used to see), which is about the "affordable" car price for the average individual income (a single person with one income), according to historically typical economic trends. And the thing about history, is that it always repeats itself when it comes to physics, and that includes economics, which is a type of social physics.
This makes a lot of sense. Actually you all do. I love my car so much by the way. It renewed my love for driving even if it's 10 Mph on the god damn 405 in so cal.

I just wanted to start a diologue with you guys about my observations.
shesha is offline   Reply With Quote