View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
jikhead
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Blue 6spd
jikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond reputejikhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcom370Z View Post
My big thing is I just want something that outperforms the factory tires. If I must replace, I might as well upgrade at the same time. The bridgestones have lasted me about 22k right now but that is about all she wrote.

Think the PSS is actually better than the PS2? I've been eyeing those until these finally came out and if the PSS is truly better than what the PS2 brings to the table, then I think I'm sold.
I would probably have to say a definite yes...otherwise I wouldn't have got them if I didn't think so. I bought a used set of Pilot Sports for my old WRX and got two years out of them (tread rating is 220 for those). That's equal to what these OEMs got me with a 190 tread rating and being brand new. I used to drag race a lot in the WRX, and they had excellent performance and shaved about 2 tenths off my 60 ft. times. So with these new PSS and a tread rating of 300, I would expect 4-5 years in life...and Michelin claims the performance and handling to be better than the old PS.
jikhead is offline   Reply With Quote