View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #169 (permalink)
bdl99
Base Member

Drives: Nissan GT-R 2011
bdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the roughbdl99 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
Any updates on the "HI" light Brian? I have completed three installations of this configuration and all have the same issue. I am sure it is the relay in the path of the 12v switch output that is causing the light issues. Maybe a different relay or a micro relay would make a difference.

Not that it should matter, but I have tied the switch ground to the relay ground going to the same frame point.
Unfortunately Jeff was not able to make it at the weekend so we are now planning to install this weekend coming.

Can you post the diagram of how you have connected? I have a couple of thoughts:
1) Some relays have diodes across the coil to avoid bounce and that may be causing a problem. Normally it doesn't matter which way round the relay coil is connected in the circuit (85 + and 86 - or 85 - and 86 +) but if there is a diode in the relay and a diode (LED) in the switch that may be causing the problem. Have you tried wiring the coil both ways round?
2) When the feed from the switch doesn't go to the relay I'm assuming the "Hi" light does come on? What it you feed something other than the relay a 12V bulb for example? That would confirm the relay as the cause (or not).

Thanks,
Brian
bdl99 is offline   Reply With Quote