View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
cprokesh
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
cprokesh is on a distinguished road
Default Hello, New Member and Owner

Hello Everyone...
Just purchased a 2010 370Z with Navigation and all available options. Found it with 4,200 miles on the odom and truly S-T-O-L-E it for the price!!! Not my first sports car by any means...and honestly had lived by the rule "No Replacement for Displacement" in my younger hot-rodding years. Now with my "Glass-House" job in Law Enforcement and the just-plain-stupid price of gas...I have rethought that opinion. I am an avid Off-Road Motocross/ATV Racer where I now get my Need-For-Speed met without having to break the traffic laws, I am recently divorced and wanted something "Night-Life'y" besides my rusty but trusty Ford Turbo-Diesel Superduty with a carburator that must have been manufactured by "Hoover". I wanted something sporty, yet with both decent MPG as a dialy driver and some nice pep when on demand. Only problem is I had no idea about what I wanted. New Camaro is super sexy on the outside, but way to plain-jane retro on the interior and the Newer Mustangs just plain suck! Was lost in finding a car that just "Hit" that sweet spot I was looking for until I saw my first 370Z up close on a Highway DUI Sobriety Check-Point. I studied the car on the web and eventually drove to a Nissan Dealer 75 miles away to test drive one and have to admitt that I was misled for many years in my days of V-8's. This is the first import I ever bought, and had no idea that a 3.7 liter 6-banger could do what this car is capable of!!! OMG! I am truly impressed with the Zed's performance and L-O-V-E the fighter-jet-like cockpit and fit of this super hot, head-turning car! I want to do some things to get the car sounding better and will be inquiring for some forum knowledge about some bolt-on's. I would like to begin looking for the 'Best-for-the-Price' cold-air intake matched with a good sounding exhaust. Anyone have a preference of Exhaust that sounds good but that will not break the bank or exceed 96db?

Also...For those of you who might have been wondering: I can attest first hand today that a Box-Stock, off-the-showroom-floor, 2010 Z will absolutely S-P-A-N-K a 2010 Police Package Hemi Dodge Charger equipped with cold-air and the emissions disabled in a heads-up 0-100 Drag Race...(Just don't ask me how I know. Hehehe!).

Thanks...
Chris

Last edited by cprokesh; 05-16-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
cprokesh is offline   Reply With Quote