View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 11:24 PM   #71 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne View Post
Ya, so tonight I tried to take my shift knob off, had a Husky Strap wrench...vice grips, didn't budge...strap wrench kept slipping off.

Made me so upset I went to the gym to lift some 60lb dumbells to make myself feel better lol.

I might try again....by the way, u guys are twisting counter clockwise or clockwise....can't believe the shift knob kicked my ***...never been defeated by a car part before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMMNY View Post
I'm having the same issue. My ego is still shot from the last attempt. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.
Guys sorry to hear this... but when I first tried this same setup that I did, the strap wrench was also slipping. I was all anxious, sweaty hands, etc.... LOL. Just make sure you get a good firm grip of both the robo grip and the strap wrench. Make sure the rubber lining on the strap wrench stays inside the groove. It shouldn't slip off.

If it still keeps slipping, wrap some duct tape around the knob, then wrap the strap wrench on that...even electrical tape, whatever makes the strap wrench rubber grab.
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote