View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 04:23 PM   #5736 (permalink)
terrycs
Base Member

Drives: 07 G35S Sedan
terrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond reputeterrycs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpyburn View Post
I'll do my best. Tony advised me to have the items installed, then put a couple hundred miles on it prior to the dyno to allow the computer to adjust. I imagine this would give me a better pull with better numbers, but due to the distance being traveled and time constraints, I don't know if this will be possible. I guess I'll have everything installed, tuned and dyno'd, and might have to return for another dyno down the road.
If you really want to do it right, put on the new exhaust and drive around for a while to break in. Then swap back in the stock exhaust and do three pulls. Swap back to the FI exhaust and do three pulls on the same dyno, same day.

But why go through the expense ... I believe the gains are about 10 WHp for most cat backs on an HR/VHR?

Last edited by terrycs; 05-16-2011 at 04:29 PM.