View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #65 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdo2milger View Post
rgr wilco

turns out the one i got off the bay does NOT come with the rubber finisher

so ill be taking a trip to the local home depot or lowes to the plumbing department...
Sorry to hear that... yeah, just make sure you find a good tapered one. Also while your there, pick up some rubber 3" tubing... then split that apart and use that to wrap around the OEM knob using a wrench if you can't get the strap wrench to work. Will still save your OEM knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akong51 View Post
Hey everyone. This is my first post, however I have been lurking for the last couple weeks since I pick up my 2011 370Z. A very happy day to say the least! Not only did I get a great deal on the car, the salesman was kind enough to hook me up with a CF Nismo shift knob.

I was hoping to get the stock knob off as mentioned in other posts with a strap wrench, but there was no way that sucker was coming off. Had no choice but to thrash the stock knob but when it was all said and done, I was VERY happy with results. The picture really does no justice to how beautiful the CF Nismo is, really enhances the interior alot.

Anyway, looking forward becoming an active member here with you all!
Welcome! I'm honored to be the OP that started your first post

Yes the CF looks great too!
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote