View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #61 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bflosabre91 View Post
this thread should be stickied, imo. noone asked, but ill post pics hopefully this week when i install the black aluminum knob for those who are interested in how it looks. I couldn't find any installed pics of it but i went for it anyway
Wow... thanks for the props man. I never thought of it that way, but hey, if my thread was able to help fellow forum members and other Z owners, then I am glad. (In fact, rep points are appreciated )

I am curious to see how the black aluminum would look too! Curious, weigh the OEM knob to the black aluminum... which is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
yah, i wish someone would make an aluminum base ring for our knobs like the PWJDM ones. then we can change colors to our liking, etc.

although the current setup with the Ti knob looks
Ken... that is a great idea. I mean, from what I remember of the base ring, it wasn't anything special right? Just a black piece of tapered rubber grommet? I would prefer a brushed aluminum/nickel/titanium rin instead... should be tapered too though. Any thoughts? Someplace sell it?
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote