View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
B996
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z
B996 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Quick_Z View Post
Get fast intentions long tube headers like me and it will give you an eargasm!
DAN
I can imagine! Don't want to drop the money on LTHs though, still got rims and several other things to go lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
I installed the HFCs and the HKS at the same time, so I can't comment on how much louder the cats made the HKS. I do know that I had the same setup on my old G35 and it was definitely louder...
Which HFCs did you go with? And was there any rasp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
TP's should open a little more. But don't expect much. This is why I love my Greddy with silencers removed. Plus I have TP.
I was actually looking at the greddy exhaust which sounds awesome, but found a local deal I couldn't pass up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post
I installed the GTM Resonated test pipes and it is LOUD at WOT and still fairy loud above 3k RPMs. If you're cruising on the interstate at 80 you'll hear more tire noise than exhaust. As soon as you get around 90 it over powers the tires, at 100+ it's at the point where you have to yell to the person sitting beside you.

I love the way the HKS performs. However, there is some rasp after I installed the test pipes, which was predicted anyways.
Thanks! This may be the route I head in, sounds like what I am looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncheung85 View Post
I just heard my car for the first time in 4 months and boy is it loud at cold start. I would say go with hfc. I think tp will be way too loud.
Yeah I am going to try to find some videos to see how loud test pipes are on it. It is nice being able to have a conversation in the car...
B996 is offline   Reply With Quote