View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #27 (permalink)
Jon@AAMComp
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan 370Z
Jon@AAMComp will become famous soon enoughJon@AAMComp will become famous soon enough

^This.

I guess it's different for me, given the fact that I'm from DC, so I know the neighborhoods that are good, and some of the ones to avoid. And there are people who have to deal with this on a daily, not just occasional trips into the city. There are some powerful partners, business owners and congressmen who live in Georgetown, Cleveland Park, Chevy Chase, etc. that take their Ferrari's, Aston Martins and SLR Mercedes into the city all the time. Sometimes you get some lowlife who tries to deface your car, but then most the time no one screws with you. Can't spend all your time worrying about something that might not happen.

And, I read that thread about the wheels in Landover, that's a shame. PG is pretty bad, no arguments there. Its just something unfortunate we have to live with. I really wish this wasn't the case, but when you have these kids who are growing up with no fear of consequences or respect for property, this is what you have to deal with. And that's everywhere.
Jon@AAMComp is offline   Reply With Quote