View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #403 (permalink)
handyman
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
handyman is on a distinguished road

Had two autox's this weekend. Won the stock street tire class and placed top 10 pax in both. Still getting inside rear tire spin up on sweepers, and still fighting understeer (although its much better than before). Hopefully an alignment and front bar will help. Also, I still have a lot to improve with my driving, I'm definitely not as smooth as I could be and I'm not using trailbraking/weight transfer to my advantage enough, which would also help.

Thoughts on the RE-11's:
1. They love pressure! I started with 40f/35r and they sucked. I ended up with 47f/45r and was still rolling the fronts over a bit further than I would have liked. The higher pressure also helped a LOT with the numbness I previously felt on the street. The pressure in the rear didn't seem to have much effect, From 38 to 45 there wasn't much of a difference other than feeling slightly more crisp (times where the same)

2. They kick *** in the wet. On Saturday I was leading pax in the pouring rain in the morning, only to drop back to 10th once it dried out.

3. Good feedback. I could easily feel/hear understeer and the oversteer was nice and progressive*, which allowed for easy modulation.

*The only issue I had was once on a wet lap the back end completely let go without any warning. I may have hit a puddle or slick spot on the course, but it was very unnerving. Luckily it didn't happen again, so I'm chalking it up as a fluke.

Video of the winning lap today
Video of a very sloppy wet lap yesterday

Last edited by handyman; 05-15-2011 at 06:48 PM.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote