View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
handyman
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
handyman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh@STILLEN View Post
It would appear that the measuring techniques for stiffness between manufacturers is different. We have some additional tech planned to identify each bar and compare them with our test equipment, so there is apples to apples discussion.

BTW.. if you're shopping for pure stiffness, then you need to reevaluate your knowledge of sway bars and how their used. Working on some additional 'white-paper' tech from Steve Millen which may help guys get up to speed on how to balance a suspension setup, and what you should consider (including personal testing for your own driving style, not to mention what it's being used for.. even different tracks could take widely different suspension goals).

The "stiffest" bar should be far from what your goals are.. we could make a 500% stiffer bar, and it would completely destroy the balance of the car..
Glad to hear you guys are working on this! I, for one, would LOVE to see a apples to apples comparison. I'm definitely not shopping simply for stiffness. I'm looking for something with a wide range of adjustability who's softest setting is slightly stiffer than stock.
handyman is offline   Reply With Quote