View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 05:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
BanningZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06' Nismo Frontier
BanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant futureBanningZ has a brilliant future

I can't believe they did this!

Quote:
Due to a request from the BBC, the website will be taken down.

http://www.hessmo.com/Hessmo/Top_Gear.html

I had been told in the past through unofficial channels that as long as I didn't offer direct downloads, they would leave me alone, but that is apparently no longer the case.

It has been a wild ride, and you never know, if I find a less cooperative host in the future, I may start the site back up, but in the meantime, if I find another site like this, I will post up a link here, so keep checking back.

In the meantime, you can still get all of your Top Gear episodes fairly easily using a combination of Finalgear.com and a free account at btaccel.com.

Not as convenient as just going to the site and watching the video, but at least it doesn't involve uploading for hours, and your ISP is none the wiser

To the BBC:

This site was on track for 7.5 million hits this month. You have a HUGE number of dedicated fans all over the world that are trying desperatedly to get at some Top Gear. I get tons of emails on a daily basis asking where to buy Top Gear on DVD, so even if you don't offer a free solution like the iPlayer or offering episodes on Hulu, your fans will jump at the opportunity to get Top Gear in an official maner.

Contact

If you want to send the BBC an email about their decision to close this site, here is where you should do it.

ATTENTION If you are a lawyer and want to give me from free quick advice on this please contact me at the link above. I might just have a way to bring back the site.

MB 06' Nismo VQ40DE

Last edited by BanningZ; 07-10-2009 at 05:25 AM.
BanningZ is offline   Reply With Quote